Working with OHS and WCB Changes
On June 1, 2018, Bill 30: An Act to Protect the Health and Well-being of Working Albertans, came into effect. The bill was passed in December 2017 and will enact changes to the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Act and the workers' compensation (WCB) system. Read the Bill here.
BILD Alberta is working with the Government of Alberta to find a collaborative solution for the coordination of Joint Worksite Health and Safety Committees and Health and Safety Representatives on residential construction sites. We will be posting further information once it becomes available.
Information to help you implement the changes:
The changes to the OHS Code and Regulation:
- Ministerial Order No. 2018-10 – OHS Code
- Order in Council 101/2018 – OHS Regulation
- Read the highlights of the changes
- OHS Regulation and Code Amendments Summary
- OHS Regulation and Code Amendments Presentation
- News release from the Government of Alberta on June 1, 2018
- Register for a webinar on the changes
- OHS Publications
- View our Bill 30 Panel Event with the ACSA
- Take a free introductory course on Health and Safety Committee Representatives